Female Hormone Replacement
As you get closer to menopause age (45-55 years) you probably have given female bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) at least a passing thought. As estrogen and progesterone levels drop, the idea of benefiting from boosting hormone levels to reduce certain menopausal symptoms is appealing. But when you reach menopause, how do you determine if BHT will be right for you? NuWave can help.
Does this sound familiar?
- You are approaching Menopause and have some questions about how to manage Menopause symptoms
- You are experiencing early Menopause and are struggling with symptoms such as Vaginal Dryness, moodiness, etc
- You are tired, having trouble focusing and recalling things
- You are experiencing weight gain and difficulty sleeping
Why Is Estrogen Important?
Estrogen is the feel-good hormone for women. Estrogen helps maintain good bone density, skin temperature and regulates the moisture of the vagina. A drop in estrogen levels can cause discomfort and irritability as well as:
- Accumulation of Fat in the Abdomen
- Concentration & Memory Difficulties
- Hot Flashes
- Lower Fertility
- Night Sweats
- Sleep Problems
- Thinning Hair
- Urinary Problems
- Vaginal Dryness
Benefits of BHRT?
Hormone therapy reduces menopausal symptoms and is an option to help women who have symptoms associated with hormone levels that are low or otherwise unbalanced. Hormone therapy is the most effective treatment for menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness. If women have only vaginal dryness or discomfort with intercourse, the preferred treatments are low doses of vaginal estrogen. Hormone Therapy also prevents bone loss which, in turn, lowers your risk of fractures Post menopause.
There Are 2 Types of Hormone Therapy to Consider
Our medical team at NuWave is dedicated to your health and happiness. We can create a Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy plan customized by our medical staff to help reduce or eliminate such symptoms. For milder cases, we also offer nonprescription over-the-counter products.
This is the most effective form of Hormone Therapy and does the best job of easing symptoms of Menopause such as dryness, itching, discomfort during menopause, hot flashes and night sweats. This therapy can be administered via gel, and cream forms.
Low Dose Vaginal Products
These can treat vaginal, and some urinary symptoms. The absorption into the body is minimal, and comes in the form of creams. NuWave’s Medical Professionals will help you to determine the best course of action for your specific situation.
Testosterone Is Not Just a Male Hormone
Myths about testosterone in women:
- It is only a male hormone.
- It’s only role in women is sex drive and libido
- It masculinizes women
- It causes hoarseness and voice changes
- It causes hair loss
- It has adverse effects on the heart
- It causes liver damage
- It causes aggression
- It may increase the risk of breast cancer
- The safety has not been established in women
Testosterone is made in the ovaries and testies. Men ages 30-70 lose 1% to 3% per year. Women lose HALF of production by age 40.
Low Testosterone in Women have various risks:
- Increased risk for Alzheimer’s disease
- Increased risk for cardiovascular disease
- Increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures
- Increased risk for diabetes mellitus
- Possible increase risk of breast cancer.